Have you heard of KC Scholars?
LSN Freshman and Junior Students,
- KC Scholars is an amazing local scholarship program for junior and freshman KC area students with low to modest income and a 2.5 GPA (or 16 on the ACT) interested in going to college in Missouri or Kansas.
- Junior students are eligible for the $10,000, renewable for five years, Traditional Scholarship.
- Freshman students are eligible for the College Savings Match program, which matches college savings made during high school, valued up to $1400.
- There’s even a scholarship for parents and grandparents: the Adult Learner Scholarship for adults over 24 who started college but did not finish.
- All selected KC Scholars also receive college advising through the program for their remaining high school years and through college.
- The scholarship application opens January 1 and closes February 26th, 2021, but income eligibility workshops are happening this month, so we want to make sure you are aware now! Students can also start on essay prompts and locating recommenders, as described in the application checklist.
- Application workshops will run through January and February.
Please let Ms. Keltner (LSN Scholarship Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org), Ms. Murray (LSN Counselor, email@example.com), or your own counselor know if you are planning to apply and would like any help at all! We have had several winners from LSN in the previous few years and hope to see several more this year.